Grace Bible College
BROCHURE FOR GRACE BIBLE COLLEGE IS A PROJECT OF PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES OF NEPAL
VISION AND STATEMENT:
With Mt. Everest large in its landscape, Nepal is a small federal republic democratic nation (30 million) situated between two very large ones: China and India. Most of its citizens are Hindu. Christians make up ½ of 1% of the population. But God is moving. The founder and apostolic of pentecostal churches of Nepal pastor Simon Peter has led 100’s to Christ and planted more than 300 churches. According to Christianity today magazine: “Nepal is one of Asia’s most stunning church growth stories.” Nepal is situated in the center of the two largest mission fields on the earth: China and India. Nepal and the surrounding areas can best be reached by native missionaries.
The greatest need for spirit-filled pentecostal Christianity in Nepal is theological training for their pastors. The growing number of pastors have virtually no theological training. Part of this organization’s (Pentecostal Churches of Nepal) mission statement reads: “to equip and train pastors and Christians workers for ministry. To empower local and national Christian leaders to plant churches among the unreached. To preach and be a witness to the gospel of Christ and establish his kingdom in Nepal.”
This would include neighboring nations such as Tibet, China and India.
To that end, beginning in january of 2009, God is raising up grace Bible college. In our first year we are looking to provide housing, food and teaching materials for 60 pastors (or more, some of them have families), four professors and one president.
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- Our grace Bible college ministry believes and present following basic truths.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; father, son and holy spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily
- Resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the father and in his personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the holy spirit through faith in Jesus Christ is absolutely essential.
- We believe in believers’ baptism by immersion in water according to the scriptures.
- We believe in the baptism in the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the spirit gives the utterance and in the operation of the spiritual gifts and ministries.
- We believe in the ministry of the holy spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to eternal life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the church of Jesus Christ and in the unity of believers.
- We believe in the practical application of the Christian faith in everyday experience and the need to minister to people in every area of life.
BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF COURSES
Course study: After two years of classroom work to earn an associates degree, there will be a year of internship under a local pastor, then a final year of classes to earn a bachelor’s degree.
First year: first semester – English grammar, Biblical backgrounds, survey of old testament, Biblical stewardship, devotional life, the prophets
First year: Second semester – english grammar, Christian ethics, evangelism (personal and church), the church: the house of God, synoptic gospels, and hermeneutics
Second year: first semester – English grammar, pastoral ministry and preaching, worship, gospel of john, acts, romans
Second year: second semester – english grammar, awakenings and revivals (Bible & church history), systematic theology, evangelism and missions, first corinthians, pastoral epistles
Third year: Internship under local pastor and others in the field
Fourth year: first semester – Eschatology, prison epistles, church planting, hebrews, general epistles, and the holy spirit: person & ministry
Fourth year: second semester – World religions (apologetics), philosophy, the pentateuch,
Restoration and leadership: nehemiah-ezra-esther, Christology, life and letters of paul
BUDGET FOR GRACE BIBLE COLLEGE
Talk about getting your missionary money’s worth! It will take only $90 a month to support a student in grace Bible college. That’s a mere $3a day. We hope to house, feed and educate 60 students our first year, making a total of $5400a month; $64,800 a year.
We also need $400 a month for four professors, totaling $1600 a month; $19,200 a year.
We need a president to oversee, administrate and also teach. That will be $450 a month; $5400 a year.
This totals to a monthly budget of $7450 and an annul budget of $89400. This is a very small amount for such an impact on this strategic nation.
|Rent for girls hostel||$1000||$12000|
|Rent for boys hostel||$1000||$12000|
William cary, the father of modern missions, realized the importance of Nepal. He spent his life in India but he translated the new testament into the Nepalese language in 1821. He spent 9 years working on this project.
Nepal is important just for the Nepalese people, but it is even more important because of its international outreach. The pentecostal churches of Nepal have a burden to reach other Asians with the good news of Jesus Christ. We can help. By doing so little we can help so much.
Contact address for gbcnepal: